Whether you’re applying for a Green Card, researching your family history, writing a journal article, or managing an international development project, you need translation that is both accurate and carefully crafted. When machine translation and amateur attempts just won’t do, it’s time to find someone with the writing skills and cultural competence to get the job done.
My work with an immigrant advocacy organization in Washington, DC has given me extensive experience translating official documents, especially those from Bolivia, Guatemala, and Honduras, from Spanish to English.
Having earned a PhD in Latin American history, I am deeply familiar with the multilingual archival work that genealogical research entails, and I know the joy of being able to touch the past through primary sources.
As an academic, I also know that publications must be not only thoroughly researched but persuasively written to pass peer review.
Having worked in and studied international development in Bolivia, I understand the issues facing development experts in the Andes of South America, as well as the distinctive Spanish of that region.
I offer specialized Spanish to English translation and ESL editing services in the following areas:
- Official documents, such as birth certificates, drivers licenses, passports, academic transcripts, and diplomas.
- Genealogical sources like vital records, letters, and diaries.
- Scholarly work in the social sciences and humanities, including journal articles, conference papers, theses, dissertations, books, and grant proposals.
- Documents for international development NGOs and contractors.
- Marketing materials, especially for local businesses in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, and Virginia).
Contact me today at email@example.com to discuss your Spanish to English translation and editing needs.
No dude en contactarme en español.